Complimentary 30 minute initial phone consultation to determine if my style and services match your needs. If hired, you can expect:
Before the Birth Two meetings each ~ 2 hours
- Discuss and review your birth plan.
- Prepare for your physical and emotional needs during labor, identifying specific strategies and techniques (massage, breathing) that increase your comfort and confidence.
- Ask questions about the birth process.
- Discuss my role as doula in your birth which includes sharing what I can provide and hearing what you prefer.
- Share concerns or fears and various strategies to handle them.
- Provide personal hands-on labor support at your home, birth center or hospital from the start of active labor through 1- 2 hours after the birth.
- Record the details of the birth in a journal to share with you afterwards.
- Capture the moments with photos at your request.
Back-up doula services available.
After the Birth Two meetings each ~ 2 hours
- Reflect on the events of the birth together. As a doula, I will share the notes recorded and listen as you share your experience of the birth. Processing a once in a life time event such as birth can enhance the special memories. It can lead to the discovery of details that may have been missed during labor when mothers may be extremely focused. Scheduling time to reflect is also about celebrating the accomplishment of birth while honoring any unexpected challenges or feelings.
- Discuss questions you may have as a new phase of life has begun for all family members.
- Connect you to resources for ongoing support.